New PTZ line-up from Panasonic
Panasonic launches two new PTZ cameras
Panasonic's new AW-HE40 a new remote camera with a range of features that make it ideal for the lecture, conference and leisure market. Featuring a newly developed 1/2.3-type MOS sensor and a Digital Signal Processor, for high sensitivity and high resolution, the AW-HE40 allows simple set up and operation.
- In addition to a 30x optical zoom, the camera features an additional digital zoom, meaning it’s possible to achieve a 40x zoom, while maintaining high resolution thanks to Super Resolution technology.
- The camera’s ‘night mode’ makes it possible to capture images in low light conditions, and the AW-HE40 can be set to switch to night mode automatically depending on surrounding light levels.
- Power can be supplied via LAN cable and, because it is not necessary to install a power supply or even a local AC outlet, installation costs can be significantly reduced.
Panasonic Product Marketing Manager, Markus Naegele said, “This new remote camera shines in a variety of applications thanks to its high performance zoom, wide angle view and outstanding colour reproduction. It’s very easy to install thanks a single cable Power over Ethernet connection, while you can control the camera remotely from a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone.”
The quiet in operation pan-tilt camera, has a pan range of ±175 ° and can move through 90° in a second, for fast control.
The new AW-HE130, a pan/tilt/zoom camera incorporates recently-developed high-sensitivity, low-noise 1/3” 3-MOS imagers that produce stunning pictures, even in low light conditions. Revolutionary new features include Power over Ethernet+ (POE+) for easier integration, and multi-stream transmission of H.264 HD video and audio (up- to 1080/60p at 25Mbps).
New features in the HE130 are:
- 3G-SDI output up to 1080/60p; plus HD/SD-SDI, HDMI, and SD composite
- Stereo mic/line-level inputs for embedded and streaming audio
- Night Mode for hi-res, near IR video acquisition (using an optional IR-illuminator in the 900nm range)
- Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S)
- IP-Live Preview for remote control and management of up to 16 cameras via a browser
- F1.6 20X zoom lens
With an exceptional signal to noise ratio of 60dB (F8/2000lx, minimum illumination, 2.0 lx), 1000 TV lines of resolution, and such advanced features as 12-axis color correction and Panasonic’s exclusive DRS (Dynamic Range Stretch) and Hybrid Digital Noise Reduction, the HE130 continues to set performance standards for integrated pan-tilt cameras. The HE130 includes the same new three 2.4 megapixel MOS imagers and Digital Signal Processor (DSP) used in Panasonic’s latest broadcast camcorders.
- RS-422 serial compatible with controllers designed for use with previous generations of Panasonic remote camera systems
- Direct and Web-based IP remote control
- Direct IP or serial control is possible using Panasonic’s AW-RP50N and AW-RP120, plus systems from Crestron, AMX and Winnov
- Built-in Web-server enables secure control, live preview, and setup from browser-equipped PCs
Streaming output is available from the HE130 in several forms and formats, and at a wide range of transmission speeds. For remote production and video acquisition, four simultaneous streams are available in either H.264 or JPEG. Video resolutions of up to 1080/60p are available at rates of up to 25Mbps. For IP-Live remote monitoring and control, up to 16 cameras may be viewed simultaneously in a single Browser window, with extensive on-screen camera controls available when a single camera is selected for viewing.
Other useful new features include:
- Native 24p and 30p output for teleproduction3
- iPro™ support for synergy with Panasonic’s high-end security systems
- Digital access authentication
- MAC/Android support for web monitoring
- Colour adjustment by colour temperature
- VISCA remote control support
The HE130’s optical zoom lens covers an extended range of shooting situations, from wide-angle to ultra-telephoto, with 35mm equivalents of 32.1 mm at the wide-angle end to 642.5 mm at the telephoto. The built-in remote-controllable four-position ND filter (clear, 1/8, 1/64, IR thru) facilitates flexible exposure control in brightly lit shooting situations.
The camera’s integrated pan-tilt head covers a wide range of motion, with a pan of ±175° and a tilt of –30° to 210°.