- Shoulder-type P2 Camcorder
- Compact & lightweight
- Featuring the 2.2-megapixel 1/3-type 3MOS image sensor, this advanced camera recorder achieves high F11 (59.94 Hz)/F12 (50 Hz) sensitivity and excellent picture quality
- 1080/60p*1 supported. 1080/60i,*1 24p,*1 30p,*1 720p multi-format HD and SD recording. Switchable between 59.94 Hz and 50 Hz for 50i, 50p, and 25p support
- Features the AVC-ULTRA (Not all AVC-ULTRA formats are supported) multi-codec family, including the popular AVC-Intra100/50, the AVC-LongG50/25 with low-bit-rate Full-HD (1920 x 1080) 4:2:2 10 bit picture quality, and the AVC-LongG12 (8 bit 4:2:0) for extended recording
- Dual-codec recording with the low-bit-rate AVC-Proxy further enhances network operation
- Two standard-equipped microP2 card slots dramatically reduce media costs and enable Simultaneous Rec. and Hot-Swap Rec. One P2 card slot (The AJ-P2AJ1G memory card adaptor cannot be used) is also equipped
- Network functions** support wired LAN, wireless LAN, and 4G/LTE connectivity
- Warranty information available here
*1: 60i, 60p, 24p, and 30p are actually recorded in 59.94i, 59.94p, 23.98p, and 29.97p, respectively.
** Notes Regarding Network Functions
- For 4G/LTE connection: 4G/LTE module is required from a 3rd party. Availability of this function may vary depends on areas. For details, please visit Panasonic website.
- For wireless LAN connection: Wireless module (optional, AJ-WM30) is required. For the OS, browser, device compatibility information, see “Service and Support” on the Panasonic website . Some functions are not supported by some devices.
- For iPad remote control: The P2 ROP App (downloadable free of charge from the Apple App Store) is required. For details, please visit Panasonic website.
- For streaming: Transfers only to a designated server (one server). The proxy image cannot be recorded while streaming. The streaming function cannot be used together with dual codec recording and simultaneous recording, or with the Rec during Uploading function. For details on downloading and the operating environment of video streaming compatible application software, please refer to the Panasonic website. For streaming, 4G/LTE USB modem and PC must be able to access directly each other by Public IP (Global IP). Please contact your provider to get Public IP (Global IP). To display the streaming video using P2 browser, player is required. (VLC MEDIA PLAYER for Windows PC, QuickTime Player for Mac.) P2 Streaming Receiver software (Windows only, not supported by Mac; available free of charge) is required for receiving the QoS mode. Please visit Panasonic website.
The shoulder-type AJ-PX380G Camera Recorder raises broadcast picture quality and enhances network-based
workflows, while adding compact, lightweight mobility and low-cost operation.
Its 1/3-type 2.2-megapixel 3MOS sensor achieves high sensitivity and high S/N. Broadcast-level AVC-ULTRA codecs (AVC-Intra, AVC-LongG, and AVC-Proxy) further enhance recording quality. You can select the most suitable codec for your purpose, from high quality 4:2:2 10-bit recording to low-rate HD streaming and FTP transmission.
It also supports 1080/59.94p,50p acquisition and 3G-SDI output. It comes equipped with a P2 card slot (Not all AVC-ULTRA formats are supported) and microP2 card slots. Plus...
- Network functions** support wired LAN, wireless LAN, and 4G/LTE connectivity.
- New workflow functions include Wireless Preview/Remote with PC/Mac, tablet device or smartphones, Rec during Uploading, and On-Air Streaming.
- An SDI input and wireless slot are also featured, providing all-round networking support.
- The firmware version 39.41 released on April 25 had an error.
- If a clip is copied using the camera, E-36 system error occurs. It was corrected.
- P2 Cast additional features support
- Capability to send Proxy to a server with a specified address
- The camera receives the location information transmitted via P2 Cast from a mobile phone.
- Information about a bonding device such as the state of communication, battery remaining capacity, etc. can be displayed on the camera.
This function is extended so that the information can be obtained via Live-U central server. Network Profile data is used for this operation, so the P2 Network Setting Software is changed so that the data can be edited.
- Additional LTE dongle support
PIXELA PIX-MT100 (Japan only)
- Additional WLAN dongle support
AJ-WM50MC (China only) PLANEX GW-900D (Japan only)
- The indicator for remaining card capacity is corrected because it has a problem when the format is AVC-G50/24PN, AVC-G25/24PN or AVC-G12/24PN.
- For example:Indication of capacity in AVC-G50/24PN
False: 178 min / True: 145 min
- Incorrectly indicated remaining capacity on the screen or at PROPERTY
- A card with little capacity left, normally an un-recordable card, is mistaken as recordable.
- The camera cannot be connected with the wireless router by DHCP. This problem is fixed.
- High-speed transmission by bonding equipment is supported.
Securing the frequency band for streaming, displaying the information on the OSD sent from the bonding equipment, communicating the equipment information to P2 Cast, etc.
- A menu is added to take GPS information from external equipment and put it into the Metadata (XML) of the contents.
Menu Item: GPS: EXTERNAL / OFF
- The following problems, which occur when using AJ-WM50 wireless module, are fixed:
- When executing a web app in Direct mode between an Apple device (Mac, portable terminal, etc.) and P2 equipment, they may get disconnected.
- When performing FTP transfer, the GUI does not work correctly.
- When 4G/LTE is enabled, HDSDI_REMOTE (menu item) cannot be selected. This problem is fixed.
- If an SD card is write-protected, its user file cannot be loaded.This problem is fixed.
- Regarding the information display on P2 Cast screen, the following problems are fixed:
- The status of the camera is displayed as offline.
- The status information of Play List Export is not updated.
- Regarding the streaming in P2 Cast mode, the following problem is fixed. If the camera is set to the settings below, incorrect streaming is performed.
- QoS Max/Min Rate: 6Mbps
Download the latest Firmware and Software
- 1 x AJ-PX380G
- 1 x Shoulder Strap
- 1 x Mount Cap
Panasonic out in strength at IBC 2015
Panasonic release a new P2 shoulder mount camera AJ-PX380
Panasonic has expanded its camera range with the launch of 6 new cameras, NAB 2015 has seen the announcement of a handheld, shoulder-mount, action, box and two studio cameras. This has expanded Panasonics vast range of cameras even further and shows their commitment to 4K.