We're very excited about this camera! A few DVX200 highlights:
- Weight: 2.7kg - it’s nearly 2kg lighter than a Sony FS7 with the kit F4 28-135 lens
- Storage: 2x 32GB Panasonic SDXC UH3 cards to shoot 45 minutes to 1 hour in UHD 50p at 150Mb/s - far cheaper than other media
- V-Log Lite easily copes with skin tones in full sun, delivers great shadow and reveals excellent detail in blacks.
- The OLED viewfinder is great to use - 2360000 dots in total with 1.77 million used for the video area. The flip out touchscreen is huge, bright and full HD.
- Slow Motion: the DVX can shoot variable framerate at up to 120fps in HD mode. It looks fantastic. Even the 100fps at 25p looks seriously slow.
- Macro Mode: the 13x zoom lens has a Macro Mode which goes down to 10cm
Check out our early review on Redshark News
Panasonic DVX200 First Look
Richard Payne looks at the Panasonic's DVX200, the first 4/3rds type 4K camcorder with an integrated zoom lens. Its UltraHD shooting at 50fps, high speed HD, macro setting and V-log shooting mode make it well suited for every type of production.
- Newly developed F2.8 LEICA DICOMAR 4K lens
- 13x zoom, 4K (4096 x 2160) 24p: 29.5 mm - 384.9 mm
- FHD: 28mm - 365.3 mm (35 mm film equivalent)
- 5 axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer
- Inteligent Auto Focus system
- ND filters (1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
- Beautiful Bokeh effects from a 4/3-type, large-format sensor
- 12 stops of imager latitude faithfully recorded by new V-Log L gamma curve
- 60p images (MP4/MOV) with 4K (UHD: 3840 x 2160) resolution are recorded onto SD cards (Use SDXC/SDHC Memory Card compatible with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) when using high bitrate video recording mode of 100 Mbps or greater)
- Variable Frame Rate with a maximum of 120 fps (in FHD resolution)
- Simultaneous, backup, and relay recording using two card slots
- Warranty information available here
Following in the footsteps of the breakthrough AG-DVX100, the new AG-DVX200 debuts as the world’s first*1 4/3-type large format, 4K/60p (Use SDXC/SDHC Memory Card compatible with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) when using high bitrate video recording mode of 100 Mbps or greater) camcorder to feature an integrated zoom lens.
The DVX200 captures stunning imagery by virtue of LEICA DICOMAR 4K 13x zoom lens combined with an advanced large format 4K imager and the blending of aesthetics like shallow focus, attractive Bokeh, and an amazing 12 stop dynamic range made possible by the VariCam style V-Log L processing.
Newly designed lens-integrated body provides excellent mobility and extra flexibility is supported by the compartment with hatch-type cover which protects the battery and terminals from dust and impacts.
The crimson red coloring and stylish carbon-black textured body represents philosophy and advanced features of the new AG-DVX200 which produce emotional and highly detailed 4K images.
- The camera may freeze if you perform a Zoom operation while other menu settings are set after Focus Transition is set up.
“Focus Transition function”
A function to enable the Focus to shift to a pre-registered focus position It is assigned to a USER button before it is used, and can be cancelled by operating the Zoom.
- Indicated remaining storage capacity is not correct in VFR recording Error is corrected in calculation method for remaining capacity in VFR recording. Especially, when the slow motion effect is set (* REC Frame rate is greater than Playback Frame rate), the camera has a symptom where the remaining time of the storage media is shorter than indicated.
* REC FORMAT (FR in playback) < FR in recording
FHD 1080/59.94p 50M (59.94) < 62 - 120 fps
FHD 1080/29.97p 50M (29.97) < 32 - 120 fps
FHD 1080/23.98p 50M (23.98) < 26 - 120 fps
FHD 1080/50.00p 50M (50.00) < 52 - 120 fps
FHD 1080/25.00p 50M (25.00) < 27 - 120 fps
- Improvement of SDI Audio
SDI Output (3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI) Problems such as ‘the status of Audio CH2 not indicated’ are fixed.
SD-SDI Audio If the camera is alternately put into Recording Mode and Playback Mode, there may be a difference of a few samples in phase between CH1 and CH2 on rare occasions. This problem is fixed
- Improvement to sensitivity of focus ring. "Focus Ring Drive" menu is added. SPEED / COARSE / FINE / FINE(WIDE)
- NR control function is added to the menu.
Recommended value: 0 (Initial value) to -2
- The number of times of pressing the jog is added to the hour meter display.
- Upper limit of the camera number that can be set is raised up to 17 from 10.
- While image quality adjustment menu is being operated, displayed GUIs obstruct the picture on the screen so that it is difficult to see it. This problem is improved.
- If a 24.00p/23.98p recorded clip is more than 99 min and 26 sec long, it cannot be played on QuickTime for Windows. This issue is improved. Accordingly, please also update AG-DVX200 camera to be used for this clip.
- < only on AG-DVX200MC model >
[ AG-DVX200MC only ] Please initialize the following menu after updating to Ver.1.81-00-0.00.
There is phenomenon where the flesh color becomes yellowish under indoor fluorescent lighting. By initializing the menu, Scene File 4 will be replaced with an improved Scene File.
Menu: INITIAL SET > SCENE
- Improvement of the stability of the process in VFR mode.
- Newly released AJ-WM50* wireless module is supported.
- * Channel settings for Wireless LAN available with AG-DVX200 are as follows.
- 2.4GHz frequency band: Auto, CH1, CH6, CH11
- 5 GHz frequency band: Auto, CH36, CH40, CH44, CH48
* Click here to see the Connection confirmed Wireless Module
Download the latest Firmware and Software
- 1 x AG-DVX200
- 1 x Battery Pack
- 1 x Battery Charger
- 1 x AC Adapter
- 1 x AC Cable
- 1 x Microphone Holder
- 2 x 12mm Microphone Holder Mounting Screws
- 1 x Eye Cup
- 2 x INPUT terminal Caps
- 1 x Shoulder Strap
- 1 x Lens Hood
- 1 x CD-ROM (Operating Instructions)
Panasonic out in strength at IBC 2015
DVX200 open day
DVX-200 Reviews Round-up
Richard Payne reviews the new Panasonic AG-DVX200
Panasonic has expanded its camera range with the launch of 6 new cameras, NAB 2015 has seen the announcement of a handheld, shoulder-mount, action, box and two studio cameras. This has expanded Panasonics vast range of cameras even further and shows their commitment to 4K.