The world's lightest 2/3 type shoulder-type HD camera-recorder with 3 image sensors is ideal for news gathering with high mobility, superb picture quality and network functions. All this at an incredibly low price. It's Panasonic's new all-purpose workhorse.
- Ultra Light Weight 3MOS Shoulder Camera Recorder (approx. 2.8kg)
- 2/3 type Interchangeable Lenses
- High Sensitivity and Low Noise with 2/3 type 3MOS Image Sensors
- High-Quality Image Processing and Versatile Image Settings
- CAC (Chromatic Aberration Compensation)
- DRS (Dynamic Range Stretcher)
- Advanced Flash Band Compensation (FBC)
- Gamma: Selectable from 7 modes of gamma curves
- Digital image settings: H Detail, V Detail, Detail Coring, Skin Tone Detail, Chroma Level, Chroma Phase, Master Pedestal, Knee, Matrix (NORM1/NORM2/FLUO/CINE-LIKE), High Color, White Clip
- Professional Shooting Functions
- Scan Reverse: Displays/records images in vertically or horizontally inverted orientation
- Digital Zoom: 2x/4x digital zoom
- Shutter: Slow shutter, synchro scan function
- Optical ND Filters: Four-position (CLEAR, 1/4 ND, 1/16 ND, 1/64 ND)
- Versatile Shooting Assist Functions
- User Interface “SmartUI”: User Interface consists of a LCD display and multiple switches. Multiple function can be set easily with minimum operation
- Focus Assist: “EXPAND” for center zoomed image and “Focus-in-Red” can be displayed on viewfinder
- Focus Bar: Focus level shown as bar
- Scene Files/User Files: Scene files let you select either of six preset files from the menu on SmartUI according to the shooting situation and up to eight settings can be stored onto an SD memory card. Up to eight camera setting status can be stored to an SD memory card
- Gain: Three-position gain selector with a maximum gain value of +42 dB. (Super gain)
- User Buttons: Frequently used functions can be assigned to the User buttons
- Shockless White Balance: To enable smooth White Balance mode switching
- AWB: Auto White Balance with auto tracking white function
- Audio input level adjustment (front) can be switched on/off and allocated to desired channels
- WFM / Vectorscope: Simplified waveform and vectorscope display
- Zebra: Select any two levels from 0% to 109% in 1% steps
- Mode check: Displays a list of the camera settings
- Y-GET: Measures brightness at center and displays numerical data
- The optional CVF15G Color HD Viewfinder, when opened, serves as an LCD monitor
- Marker Display: Displays a center marker, safety zone marker and frame marker
- Warranty information available here
The AJ-PX800G is a new-generation camera-recorder for news gathering.
It is network connectable and provides superb picture quality, high mobility and excellent costperformance.
Weighing only about 2.8 kg (main unit), the AJ-PX800G is the world's lightest (For a 2/3-type shoulder-type HD camera-recorder with three sensors (as of August 2014)) shoulder-type camera-recorder equipped with three MOS image sensors for broadcasting applications. It also supports AVC-ULTRA multi-codec recording. (Not all AVC-ULTRA formats will be supported)
The picture quality and recorded data rate can be selected from one of the AVC-ULTRA family of codec's (AVC-Intra/AVC-LongG) according to the application. Along with a Low-rate AVC-Proxy dual-codec recording ideal for network-based operation and off-line editing.
Built-in network functions support wired LAN, wireless LAN (For a wireless LAN connection, the AJ-WM30 Wireless Module is required) and 4G/LTE network connections, (4G/LTE module is required from a third party. Availability of this function may vary depends on areas. For details, please visit Panasonic website) enabling on-site preview, uploading data to a server and streaming. The AJ-PX800G is a single-package solution for virtually all broadcasting needs.
- The firmware version 36.95 released on April 25 had an error.
- If a clip is copied using the camera, E-36 system error occurs. It was corrected.
- P2 Cast additional features support
- Capability to send Proxy to a server with a specified address
- The camera receives the location information transmitted via P2 Cast from a mobile phone.
- Information about a bonding device such as the state of communication, battery remaining capacity, etc. can be displayed on the camera.
This function is extended so that the information can be obtained via Live-U central server. Network Profile data is used for this operation, so the P2 Network Setting Software is changed so that the data can be edited.
- Additional LTE dongle support
PIXELA PIX-MT100 (Japan only)
- Additional WLAN dongle support
AJ-WM50MC (China only) PLANEX GW-900D (Japan only)
- The indicator for remaining card capacity is corrected because it has a problem when the format is AVC-G50/24PN, AVC-G25/24PN or AVC-G12/24PN.
- For example:Indication of capacity in AVC-G50/24PN
False: 178 min / True: 145 min
- Incorrectly indicated remaining capacity on the screen or at PROPERTY
- A card with little capacity left, normally an un-recordable card, is mistaken as recordable.
- The camera cannot be connected with the wireless router by DHCP. This problem is fixed.
- High-speed transmission by bonding equipment is supported.
Securing the frequency band for streaming, displaying the information on the OSD sent from the bonding equipment, communicating the equipment information to P2 Cast, etc.
- A menu is added to take GPS information from external equipment and put it into the Metadata (XML) of the contents.
Menu Item: GPS: EXTERNAL / OFF
- The following problems, which occur when using AJ-WM50 wireless module, are fixed.
- When executing a web app in Direct mode between an Apple device (Mac, portable terminal, etc.) and P2 equipment, they may get disconnected.
- When performing FTP transfer, the GUI does not work correctly.
- When 4G/LTE is enabled, HDSDI_REMOTE (menu item) cannot be selected. This problem is fixed.
- If an SD card is write-protected, its user file cannot be loaded.This problem is fixed.
- Regarding the information display on P2 Cast screen, the following problems are fixed.
- The status of the camera is displayed as offline.
- he status information of Play List Export is not updated.
- Regarding the streaming in P2 Cast mode, the following problem is fixed. If the camera is set to the settings below, incorrect streaming is performed.
- QoS Max/Min Rate: 6Mbps
Download the latest Firmware and Software
- 1 x AJ-PX800
- 1 x Shoulder Strap
- 1 x Mount Cap
With Exceptional Picture Quality and Wireless Connectivity, Camcorder is Lightweight, Low Power ENG Tool