HD wireless senders - a quick guide
HD camera output + zero latency wireles sender -> zero latency remote receiver. what's hard to understand?
In many respect, wireless senders are straightforward. There are, however, many models on the market and it can be bewildering trying to understand the differences between units. Our guide is designed to help!
What roles do they play? Real-time HD wireless senders are no gimmick. They make all the difference on-set to...
- The director and producer who need to monitor the camera feed
- The make up artist checking on-screen skin tones
- The focus puller keeping the shot sharp in real-time
- Clients checking that the pictures meet the brief
- The UAV drone pilot recording full HD images on terra firma
- Technicians tasked with untethering a remote camera in a live production
With extreme low latency and full uncompressed HD, these units have so much potential.
Beyond Wireless Sending and Receiving
The Teradek Bolt Pro range offers all the basics as well as a more complex toolset:
- Up/down/cross-conversion: go from an SDI camera to a HDMI monitor OR from an HDMI camera to an SDI recorder
- 3D-LUT: shoot in desaturated Log but apply a 3D-LUT for use on remote monitors
- USB output: ingest the uncompressed HD output directly to a laptop or workstation for the fastest on-set workflow
For a comparison of the features of all the producs in the Teradek and Paralinx range, please click here.