- Google Chrome browser is available on the connected PC.
- GUI of setting the NDI|HX parameter is improved.
- For very complicated images that are rarely used, IP streaming transmission could not be completed in NDI|HX mode. The problem is fixed.
- Teradek RT CTL1 Overlay showing system information on SmallHD monitors (ADD NEW TOOL > ADDONS > TERADEK RT) .
- Shotover Gimbal Overlay showing system system information on SmallHD monitors ((ADD NEW TOOL > ADDONS > GIMBALOVERLAY).
- Two new anamorphic options: 2.5x and .75x The .75x option can be used to force 4:3 video to display correctly on SmallHD monitors.
- Simultaneous Battery Drain: In the power settings menu, an option named “DUAL BATTERY DRAIN” will cause both batteries to be drained simultaneously. This will keep the output voltage as high as possible and extend the duration a SmallHD FOCUS 7 monitor can power a camera.
- Waveform & Vectorscope now have description paragraphs.
- Battery Meter functionality has been improved.
- Wireless connectivity icon for TX and RX units - Icon will appear Green when paired and sending/receiving signal. Icon will appear Red when paired but not sending or receiving video signal.
- When multiple tools of the same type are on a page, the monitor will more consistently return to the correct state after a power cycle. Previously there was a chance that a tool would be restored in the ‘off’ state when it should be ‘on’.
- Multi-finger swiping would fail while the toolbar preview was active.
- Fixed a bug that occured when LOG C color space was selected when the monitor was powered cycled.
- Fixed some bugs in the colorspace menu.
New to OS3
Using the official SmallHD color probe, auto-calibration can be initiated simply by attaching the probe to the monitor via USB and letting the monitor do its thing. Watch our Auto-Calibration How-To Video
- Customizeable False Color (Exposure Assist)
Creating a visual, data-driven exposure tool has never been this customizable. Create up to 10 different IRE ranges, with custom color assignments, and start using False Color exactly how you want to.
- Spot Metering in LUMA Waveform
Adding to SmallHD’s customizable Waveform tool is the ability to highlight and monitor critical areas of your image. Using a spot meter box with an adjustable size, the targeted area’s data becomes easy to see on the Waveform.
- Image Gallery Viewer
Screen captures and images loaded onto SmallHD monitors via SD card can now be accessed in an image gallery. Quickly glance at dozens of frame grabs from a day of shooting, and do so without being connected to your camera.
- Adjustable White Point
We’ve added support for the following white points for the desired input space and monitor calibration: D65, DCI-P3, 3000K, 5000K, 5600K, 9300K.
- SmallHD FOCUS now accepts 4K30
The SmallHD FOCUS monitor will now accept video signals up to 4K30 via HDMI. Shooters will see an improvement in image quality while shooting in 4K and using the Zoom feature to magnify their image.
Download the latest Firmware and Software