- Portable field recorder with AVC-ULTRA*1 codec and microP2 card compatibility
- Data transfer over a network
- HDMI input/output
- High-speed USB 3.0 (HOST) interface
- Operates from either a battery pack or AC adapter
- Warranty information available here
The AJ-PG50EJ is a portable field recorder with AVC-ULTRA*1 codec and microP2 card compatibility, HDMI input/output, and data transfer over a network.
The AJ-PG50 Memory Card Recorder is compact and lightweight. It supports the AVC-ULTRA codec family*1, is equipped with two microP2 slots and a P2 card slot. Operates from either a battery pack or AC adapter. It also comes with a high-resolution QHD LCD monitor.
The AJ-PG50 provides a variety of interfaces to support the professional field operator including, HDMI input/output, 3G SDI input/output and others, enabling easy connection to a wide range of video and studio devices for recording and playback of video and audio content.
It also has a high-speed USB 3.0 (HOST) interface for transferring backup data to an external storage device and previewing externally stored files.*2 Network connection is possible by wired/wireless LAN*3 or 4G*4/LTE,*4 and supports many network workflow functions including FTP content and proxy streaming (rtsp only, no QoS).
The AJ-PG50 offers high speed and high quality at a reasonable cost, and flexibly and supports the most advanced AVC-ULTRA workflows.
- *1 Not all AVC-ULTRA formats are supported.
- *2 The USB 3.0 standard has a maximum transfer rate of 5 Gbps. However, the actual transfer speed depends on the system configuration. Playback is based on disk drive performance, including spindle speed. Panasonic cannot guarantee smooth playback without dropped frames.
- *3 For a wireless LAN connection, the AJ-WM30 Wireless Module is required.
- *4 Requires a telecommunications device (USB type) available from various carriers.
- Main-line recording onto an SDXC/SDHC memory card available on the market, which is supposed to be for use in an urgent situation, has so far been restricted to the codecs at 50Mbps or less. But, to meet the users’ demand, this restriction is removed.
However, that is not to guarantee the recording and playback operations with SDXC/SDHC memory cards.
- The following dongle are supported.
WLAN :D-Link DWA-171(Australia) , LTE :Verizon USB730L (US)
- The related menus are not displayed so that microP2 B cards are not CPS-formatted by mistake.
- The cameras are designed to start installing the firmware update immediately after it is downloaded via P2 Cast, and an improvement is made to this current design. Menu item “Download Only” is added. This menu item can temporarily end the update process once the download is complete when the update command is received from P2 Cast.
- In UDP transmission, the communication process of streaming format is improved.
- P2 SS becomes unable to be connected, and this problem is fixed..
- Improvement in stability at boot-up
- System error may occur on rare occasions under the specific conditions, and this problem is fixed.
- The firmware version 33.54 released on April 25 had an error.
- If a clip is copied using the camera, E-36 system error occurs. It was corrected.
- P2 Cast additional features support
- Capability to send Proxy to a server with a specified address
- The camera receives the location information transmitted via P2 Cast from a mobile phone.
- Information about a bonding device such as the state of communication, battery remaining capacity, etc. can be displayed on the camera.
This function is extended so that the information can be obtained via Live-U central server. Network Profile data is used for this operation, so the P2 Network Setting Software is changed so that the data can be edited.
- Additional LTE dongle support
PIXELA PIX-MT100 (Japan only)
- Additional WLAN dongle support
AJ-WM50MC (China only) PLANEX GW-900D (Japan only)
- The indicator for remaining card capacity is corrected because it has a problem when the format is AVC-G50/24PN, AVC-G25/24PN or AVC-G12/24PN.
- For example:Indication of capacity in AVC-G50/24PN
False: 178 min / True: 145 min
- Incorrectly indicated remaining capacity on the screen or at PROPERTY
- A card with little capacity left, normally an un-recordable card, is mistaken as recordable.
- The camera cannot be connected with the wireless router by DHCP. This problem is fixed.
Download the latest Firmware and Software