EDIUS 7 is a big release:
- Support for 3rd party hardware, grading software and new 4K codecs
- New 64-bit architecture
- Enhanced editing tools
It's now even faster and even slicker than ever. It's no wonder that it's the number one NLE in large parts of the world.
"Handles virtually any format, easy and intuitive interface, easy to install and run, stable... EDIUS Pro 7 is not only easy to learn, and easy to use, but all the buttons are precisely where you would guess they should be." Videomaker.com
Grass Valley EDIUS - Highlights
Learn about the variety of features in EDIUS 7 that set it apart from any other NLE software available.
Select chapter from the 'PLAYLIST' menu
- Superior 4K workflow, including support for Blackmagic Design's DeckLink 4K Extreme and EDL import/export colour correction interchange with DaVinci Resolve
- Open to third-party I/O hardware from Blackmagic Design, Matrox, and AJA
- Editing media files with different resolutions—from 24x24 to 4Kx2K, as well as real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors.
- Unlimited video, audio, title, and graphics tracks
- Support for the latest file formats (Sony XAVC/XVAC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra, and Canon 1D C M-JPEG)
- Work natively with many different video formats, such as XDCAM, P2, Ikegami's GF, RED, Canon's XF format and EOS movie format
- Fastest AVCHD editing in the market (up to 3+ streams in real time)
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support
- Improved MPEG encoder and H.264/AVC decoder
- Optimized for fourth-generation Intel Core i architecture
- 64-bit native processing with maximum memory access for streamlined real-time editing
- Proxy mode workflow for slower computers helps extend their usability and increase ROI
- Supports Intel Ivy Bridge/Sandy Bridge for extremely fast hardware for export and Blu-ray Disc burning
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX, and others)
- 3D stereoscopic editing
- Built-in loudness meter and image stabilization
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- Windows 7 & 8 support (64-bit)
EDIUS® Pro 7 is the fastest and most versatile real time editing software—4K, 3D, HD, SD, and almost any format from 24x24 to 4Kx2K, all on the same timeline, even in nested sequences, all in real time. And now EDIUS has partnered with Blackmagic Design to support its PCIe DeckLink 4K Extreme and Thunderbolt-based UltraStudio 4K capture and playback devices for the most affordable 4K workflows.
EDIUS Pro 7 means more resolutions, unlimited tracks, and real-time editing for the ability to Edit Anything, Anywhere. EDIUS Pro 7 is the perfect finishing tool for broadcast news, newsmagazine content, and studio programs, as well as corporate, documentary, and 4K theatrical productions.
That's why broadcasters, production houses, media departments, and video professionals worldwide choose Grass Valley® EDIUS for multiformat editing.
Limitless: With no limitations to the number of audio, video, graphics, and title tracks, EDIUS Pro 7 can handle the most complex projects, even in 4K.
Plays well with others: EDIUS Pro 7 is now open to third-party input and output hardware from Blackmagic Design, with support for Matrox and AJA Video Systems hardware scheduled for Q4 2013. EDIUS Pro 7 also supports EDL project import/export colour correction interchange with DaVinci Resolve for a new colour grading workflow.
What's high can be low: Low-resolution proxy editing mode enables older desktop and laptop systems with the power of EDIUS Pro 7. That means you don't need the latest and greatest system to edit with EDIUS Pro 7.
Transcode this: With unrivaled real-time video transcoding technology, EDIUS Pro 7 gives you the ability to convert between 4K, HD, and SD resolutions, aspect ratios, and frame rates—all in real time.
What's new in EDIUS Pro 7?
- Growing 3rd-party I/O hardware support
- Faster handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX, and others)
- Improved MPEG encoder speed and quality
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder
- Optimization for 4th generation Intel Core processor family architecture
- Gaussian blur filter
> Switching from Final Cut Pro to EDIUS?
Download the free 31-day trial version of EDIUS Pro 7 today (Registration required)
Please Note: EDIUS Pro 7 (trial and full version) software requires that all previous versions of EDIUS software be uninstalled.
EDIUS 7.4 Released (Free Update)
- Ripple Marker (engendering much happiness in Germany, evidently)
- QuickTime HQ/HQX exporter with timecode and multichannel audio
- After Effects Plugin Bridge supports Sapphire's Lens flare
- Project importer supports FCP XML import from Plural Eyes
- XAVC exporter supports 720p/50/60
- XAVC Intra exporter with smart rendering
- AJA KONA3G timeline output (no RS422 control)
New License Packs
- AAF exporter Preset Type 5 for Avid Media Composer
- Dolby Digital Pro and Dolby Digital Plus exporter
- (both optional and chargeable for EDIUS Pro - both included in EDIUS Elite)
- Does not decode H.264 MVC properly
- Audio Fade button not working
- Duplicate sequence and ripple mode is turned off
- AVC Ultra Long GOP and scrubbing performance
- Doesn't remember the 3-way Color Correction window position
- Creates unnecessary temporary files for waveform cache.
- Fails to overwrite project after switching EDIUS user profile
- "Bus busy" error frequently appears while playing back the timeline in proxy mode
- Loaded clip from player is muted unexpectedly
- "Effect applied" orange line appears on a clip that has no effect applied.
- Audio scratch noise is output from STORM 3G Elite while moving slider in ECW
- DVD menu item does not have same name as sequence marker comment
Issues fixed in this version (from v7.31)
- If any effect is selected after cutting a clip on the timeline, EDIUS occasionally freezes
- If a MP4 file that contains a broken stream is loaded, EDIUS crashes
- EDIUS user cannot continue to edit a project after loading the auto-saved project file
- If QoS is set in the system settings panel, EDIUS crashes while scrubbing the timeline
- If a CMX3600 type EDL is imported, the "In TC" of all clips is same as the source clip’s start TC
- The FF command sent via STORM 3G/Elite (RS422) to some VCRs controlled by EDIUS results in the pause command becoming unresponsive
- The center frequency value is 5Hz higher whenever the [OK] button is clicked in the parametric equalizer
- Effects generated with Magic Bullet Looks 2.5 cannot be applied to the EDIUS timeline
- A runtime error appears if an AAF file that was generated by Sony Vegas is imported to EDIUS
- AVC-Intra spanned clips that are exported from EDIUS cannot be imported to Avid Media Composer correctly
- An error occurs if the Limiter No 6 VST plug-in is applied
- Auto saving of projects runs even when selecting [File] > [Exit] from the EDIUS menu
- If a clip that has clip markers is loaded in the player window, the clip markers disappear in the player window
- EDIUS crashes if a project is saved while running a delayed loading of assets
- If different format assets are placed onto the timeline and it is printed to file or tape, ancillary data is not preserved
- If a 2ch audio channel is selected in the project settings and the timeline is printed to HDCAM tape, 2ch audio tracks are copied to any other channels if there are more than two channels (1ch is copied to all odd channels and 2ch is copied to all even channels)
- If a GenArts Sapphire effect preset is loaded and returned back to the EDIUS blur dialog, the [OK] button is missing from the dialog
- Error appears when encoding with the Disc Burner
Description: If 1280x720 / 23.98p project is burned to Blu-ray disc with the Disc Burner, "Failed to encode" error appears when clicking [Create Disc] button.
- Chapter point is shifted on a burned DVD
Description: When the timeline is burned to DVD, the chapter points are different to the original timeline sequence.
- Timeline cursor does not move in the ECW dialog box
Description: If timecode is entered using the keyboard in the ECW (Effect Control Window), the timeline cursor does not move to the set position.
- Restored clips are missing information
Description: If an offline clip is restored, the restored clip is missing the following information:
- .. Clip name
- .. Clip comment
- .. Clip colour
- ..Clip marker
- ..Audio rubber band (volume & pan)
- ..Clip enable or disable condition in the timeline
- [Apply] button is greyed out in Audio CD/DVD import settings
Description: If the base name is changed for Audio CD/DVD import in the System settings, the [Apply] button becomes grayed out.
- Device preset cannot be created with 1ch audio
Description: If 1ch audio is selected when creating a device preset, it has always 2ch audio settings instead of 1ch audio when the device preset is opened.
Download the latest Firmware and Software
Suggested List Price: £2,095
Powerful Titler for EDIUS
Suggested List Price: £305