- Provides an external WiFi antenna mount for the RED DSMC2 cameras and increases the signal range when using apps like FoolControl
- This product is not a signal repeater but replaces the internal antenna altogether
- Attaches in place of the decorative right side panel and does not interfere with RED products like the Sidekick, DSMC2 Side Handle, or the cover plate that is included with camera
Signal Range Testing:
- Accessories on the Camera: Easy Top (Weapon), Trigger Handle (Weapon), RED Touch 4.7, WiFi Side Plate (Weapon), Right Side Plate (Weapon), Easy Riser (Weapon), Unified Bridgeplate (19mm)
- Antenna Used: Large
- Phone Used: iPhone 6s running FoolControl
Ad-Hoc Mode (Camera generates the WiFi network)
- Built in Antenna: 150 feet
- WiFi Side Plate: 250 feet
Infrastructure Mode (Camera and phone connected to Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 router, phone was located next to router and camera was moved)
- Built in Antenna: 300 feet (some dropouts occured at this range)
- WiFi Side Plate: 650 feet (zero dropouts, this range was limited by the distance of testing zone, could be farther)
- Weight: 136 g / 0.3 lbs
- Dimensions: 25.4 x 127 x 177.8 mm / 1 x 5 x 7"
** Please note this product paired with a DSMC2 camera has not been evaluated by the FCC. Any modification to the camera should be done with extreme care. It is also advisable not to change back and forth between this product and the internal antenna more than a few times.