What is HEVC?
HEVC, also known as H.265, is a next-generation compression standard that offers a number of enhancements over H.264. Compared to AVC (H.264) compression, HEVC is 50% more efficient, which translates into maintaining the same video quality at half the bitrate or double the video quality at the same bitrate.
The new Cube 700 and Slice 756 series
The new Cube 700 and Slice 756 series bring the latest in compression technology at a size and price point never before seen.
What makes HEVC Cube and Slice unique
- Can use both HEVC (H.265) and AVC (H.264) High Profile compression
- Compatible with Core transcoding engine. This allows you to take advantage of HEVC encoding when streaming to Core, while delivering your content in AVC to your destination.
- Dual input (HDMI + 3G-SDI)
- Compatible with the new Bond expansion module, allowing you to turn your Cube 700 series into a professional bonding solution
- GigE and 2.4 / 5Ghz 802.11ac WiFi built-in
- Bitrate support up to 30Mbps
- Streaming resolution support up to 1080p60
- Compatible with T-21, Sencore, and Vitec HEVC decoders
- Uses just 6W of power
What can Cube and Slice codecs do?
- Stream to any online video platform, such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, Periscope, and more.
- Stream point-to-point to decoders over the internet or on local networks with latency as low as 80ms
- Comprehensive protocol support: MPEG-TS, RTSP, RTMP, HLS, TDS
- Monitor your live video feed on an iOS device for confidence or local configuration
- Turn your camera into a wireless video feed for Teradek’s Live:Air iOS switcher application