SmallHD OS3 - Our Biggest Firmware Update Ever!
OS3 has something to offer for every filmmaker. The free downloadable update comes with a host of new features for all current SmallHD on-camera and production monitors (FOCUS, 500 Series, 700 Series, UltraBrights, 1300 Series, 1700 Series, 2400 Series, and 3200 Series)
The world's most rugged 17" monitor with astounding colour accuracy. This monitor is perfectly engineered for production and post-production use.
- Construction: Full Anodized Aluminum Chassis with Four Sided Rubber Impact Protection for LCD Panel
- Panel Type: IPS LCD
- Size Diagonal: 17
- Brightness: 450 Nits
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Gamut: 100% DCI-P3
- Colour Depth: True 10 bit
- Pixel Density (PPI): 133 ppi
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Active Area: 16.52
- Contrast: 1500:1
- Backlight Type: White LED
- Viewing Angle: 179 degrees Vertical and Horizontal
- Adjustable Backlight: Yes - 0 - 100 in 6 steps with 100-nit studio mode
- Temperature Adaptive Colour: No
- HDMI: 1 x Input, 1 x Output
- SDI: 2 x 3G Inputs (BNC), 2 x 3G Outputs (BNC)
- Custom LUTS: Yes - Loadable as Looks on Pages or as Systemwide Colour Calibration via the settings menu
- Mount Points: Multiple 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 Threads on Top, Bottom, Left & Right Sides. Cold Shoe Style Rails on Back of Monitor. Available Chesseplate for battery bracket mounting. Available Rapid Rail Mount Interfaces with cold shoe slots for 2 additional 1/4"-20 threads.
- Cross Conversion: Yes: HDMI - SDI & SDI - HDMI
Reference Grade Cinema Colour
Each 1703-P3 monitor comes precalibrated for DCI-P3 mastering, Covering 100% DCI-P3 with a Delta E average of 0.8. Easily install your own 3D LUT calibration with advanced colour management solutions like Light Illusion's, LightSpace CMS, or SpectraCal's CalMAN. Load any 3D LUT via SD card using SmallHD’s ColourFlow 3D LUT engine.
Software That Eliminates Hardware
Pagebuilder OS enables you to send your video signal downstream via the Output Preview page. Any LUTs applied to the Output Preview page will also be mirrored downstream. Easily convert HDMI/SDI signals with Cross Conversion .
HD Scopes with Pixel Accurate Data Analysis
Display up to three, fully customizable Scopes on screen at a time. Utilize Colour Picker to show raw pixel values from the displayed video.
Expose with Confidence
Exposure Assist supports both ARRI and Spectrum based false colour, with built in IRE guides for reference. Utilize 2x Zebra to warn you when reaching a brightness level of your choosing. This is great for matching exposure across shots and cameras.
Monitor two input sources simultaneously. You can apply LUT’s and tools to each source individually. Great for monitoring A/B cameras or pre and post LUT footage. You can also apply tools to each page individually.
Custom Focus Assist & Peaking Tools
Focus assist creates a bright highlight on in-focus subject matter; highly recommended when focusing on the fly. Focus Peaking increases the image sharpness allowing more detailed focusing. Change your colour and intensity of your focus tools.
Versatile Image Framing
Select standard markers and safety areas that can be overlaid on the display as lines or matte overlays with custom opacity level and colours. Default aspect ratios include 4:3, 1.85, 2.39:1, 16:9 and Custom (user selectable).
New to OS3
Using the official SmallHD color probe, auto-calibration can be initiated simply by attaching the probe to the monitor via USB and letting the monitor do its thing. Watch our Auto-Calibration How-To Video
- Customizeable False Color (Exposure Assist)
Creating a visual, data-driven exposure tool has never been this customizable. Create up to 10 different IRE ranges, with custom color assignments, and start using False Color exactly how you want to.
- Spot Metering in LUMA Waveform
Adding to SmallHD’s customizable Waveform tool is the ability to highlight and monitor critical areas of your image. Using a spot meter box with an adjustable size, the targeted area’s data becomes easy to see on the Waveform.
- Image Gallery Viewer
Screen captures and images loaded onto SmallHD monitors via SD card can now be accessed in an image gallery. Quickly glance at dozens of frame grabs from a day of shooting, and do so without being connected to your camera.
- Adjustable White Point
We’ve added support for the following white points for the desired input space and monitor calibration: D65, DCI-P3, 3000K, 5000K, 5600K, 9300K.
- SmallHD FOCUS now accepts 4K30
The SmallHD FOCUS monitor will now accept video signals up to 4K30 via HDMI. Shooters will see an improvement in image quality while shooting in 4K and using the Zoom feature to magnify their image.
Download the latest Firmware and Software
- 1 x 1703 P3
- 1 x 36" HDMI Cable (CBL-SGL-HDMI-HDMI-36)
- 1 x Mains Power Cord