EDIUS Pro 7 is targeted at the professional, standalone user. EDIUS Elite 7 is a systemized
version aimed at editors within a network-connected production infrastructure and
includes K2 server/storage and Grass Valley® STRATUS® connectivity.
The primary capabilities of EDIUS Elite 7, which includes all EDIUS Pro 7 features, are:
- Direct access to the Grass Valley K2 file system to provide for editing-in-place for
multiple edit stations. Features also include direct K2 clip and K2 program import and
export while preserving Dolby E/AC3 audio (audio bitstream pass-through)
- K2 Clip Capture, which lets editors record directly into the K2 SAN from their
networked EDIUS system. With I/O hardware for EDIUS—such as STORM™ 3G or
STORM Mobile—editors can record K2-compatible files, which can be edited even
- Simul Edit, enabling multiple EDIUS clients to simultaneously edit live video being ingested by another EDIUS client in a network editing environment (SAN or NAS). Only the capture client requires an EDIUS Elite 7 license—the remaining clients require only
EDIUS Pro 7 licenses.
- Interchange of GV STRATUS clips and sequences. Sequences created with GV STRATUS can be immediately used on the EDIUS timeline. There are also components such as an Assignment List plug-in to integrate GV STRATUS with NRCS systems.
Third-party hardware support: (Note:
Deck control not supported with third-party hardware.)
- Blackmagic Design:
- DeckLink Mini Monitor, Mini Recorder, Studio, 4K Extreme
- Intensity Pro, Shuttle for USB, Shuttle for Thunderbolt, Extreme
- UltraStudio SDI, Pro
- MXO2 LE (Note: Playout support only. Input support planned for Q4 2013)
- AJA Video Systems (planned, Q4 2013)
Yes, EDIUS Pro 7 and EDIUS Elite 7 are native 64-bit native applications. They will only run on Windows 7 and Windows 8 64-bit operating systems.
As a native 64-bit application for Windows 7 and Windows 8, EDIUS 7 take full advantage of up to 512 GB (for Windows 8 Enterprise and Professional) or up to 192 GB (for Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional) of installed physical memory access for super-intensive media operations, such as multitrack 4K editing.
EDIUS 7 has also been optimized for multicore CPU systems, with editing performance increasing as CPU power increases.
Yes, EDIUS 7 supports an improved 4K workflow with editing in real time, unlimited tracks (dependent on system resources), and EDL import/export for DaVinci color correction interchange.
Yes, EDIUS 7 supports the latest processor architecture from Intel, including the 4th Generation Core i.
No, EDIUS 7 only supports Windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows 8 (64-bit) operating systems. Windows Vista and XP are not supported.
Yes, EDIUS 7 supports any mix of SD, HD, 2K, and 4K resolution on the timeline, in real time, with unlimited tracks (dependent on system resources).
- Real-time editing and conversion of different resolutions, as high as 4K/2K resolution to as low as 24x24, is supported
- Real-time editing and conversion of different frame rates, such as 60p/50p, 60i/50i, and 24p, is supported
XAVC/XAVC S, AVC-Ultra, and Canon 1D C Motion-JPEG are supported.
In addition, EDIUS 7 works natively with many different video formats, such as Sony’s XDCAM, Panasonic’s P2, Panasonic/Sony’s AVCHD, Ikegami’s GF, RED, as well as Canon’s XF and EOS movie formats.
Note: XAVC/XAVC S and AVC-Ultra support will be available as part of a free application update once camcorders supporting these formats are publicly available.
EDIUS 7 supports the following features of AVCHD 2.0:
- 1080/50/60 footage for import, edit, and export
- Importing AVCHD 3D as editing source material
- Exporting AVCHD 3D
- Up to 3+ real-time streams (dependent on system resources)
EDIUS 7 can export in AVI, MXF, GXF, QuickTime, and Windows Media format wrappers.
Yes, EDIUS 7 supports proxy mode workflow by switching the timeline between proxy/hi-res mode.
Yes, EDIUS 7 supports multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support.
The graphics card must support resolution higher than 1024x768 32-bit. Direct3D 9.0c or later. PixelShader Model 3.0 or later.
Note: Requirements for video memory size when using GPUfx will vary depending on the project format. For SD projects: 1 GB or more recommended, for HD/4K projects 2 GB or more recommended. See the EDIUS 7 data sheet for more information.
An online activation system is used. Internet access is required.
EDIUS 7 allows one user to install the EDIUS 7 software on up to two computers, but using both installations of EDIUS 7 simultaneously is not allowed. One user can install EDIUS 7 to a desktop system, and to an additional notebook PC for field editing. To install EDIUS 7 on another system, deactivate the current license and reactivate it on a new PC. For details, please also refer to the End User License Agreement (EULA).
No new versions of EDIUS Neo or EDIUS Express are available at this time.
No. TitleMotion Pro, which was included in EDIUS 6.0 and earlier versions, cannot be installed into EDIUS 7. EDIUS 7 comes with a built-in titler (Quick Titler). In addition, a list of third-party titling software will be available on the EDIUS Pro 7 page of our website when EDIUS 7 is released.
Project files created in previous versions of EDIUS can be loaded into EDIUS 7. Some effects may not be imported. EDIUS 7 projects cannot be loaded into previous versions.
No, third-party plug-ins for EDIUS 6.5 Pro will not work with EDIUS 7. A list of third-party plug-ins for EDIUS 7 will be available on the Grass Valley EDIUS Pro 7 page when EDIUS 7 is released.
EDIUS Pro 7 does not include any third-party software. A list of third-party software available for EDIUS 7 will be available on the EDIUS Pro 7 page of our website when EDIUS 7 is released.
- Open to third-party I/O hardware (Blackmagic, Matrox, and AJA)
- Automatic checking for updates
- Faster handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX, and others)
- Improved MPEG encoder speed and quality
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder
- Optimized for 4th generation Intel Core i architecture
- Gaussian blur filter
Grass Valley continuously updates EDIUS with new features and bug fixes. These are available online through the EDIUS 7 automatic update feature.
Yes, Quick Titler can create 3D title clips. Some third-party titling software may also support this (please contact the software manufacturer regarding details).
No, EDIUS 7 does not support the source setting of RED (.R3D) files.
For RAW format files, EDIUS 7 does not support conversions. Also, specific codecs for importing RAW format files may need to be installed. EDIUS supports Windows Imaging Component for this function and may not include codecs for specific cameras.
No, the loudness meter only measures the loudness value of a particular clip or the timeline. You can adjust the audio volume level later on the timeline, using the audio adjustment functions.
EDIUS Pro 7 works on 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows 8 running on Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Yes, there are a number of upgrade paths and discounted pricing for existing EDIUS versions 1-6.0 owners and EDIUS Pro 6.5 owners.
Yes, an upgrade from EDIUS Pro 7 to EDIUS Elite 7 is available.
A free 30-day trial of EDIUS Pro 7 is available.
Note: Do not install EDIUS 7 on a machine that has any other version of EDIUS installed, unless performing a permanent upgrade.